Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First batch ... trappists ...

Hi there,

here is the first batch of beers I'll taste and review. Contrary to what I said before (tasting all the beers from page 1 to 86), I will start with the first category after the large bottles ... the trappist beers, Belgiums glory :)

Below a picture of all the beers I have here at home.


Shown above are:

  • Achel Blond
  • Achel Bruin
  • Chimay Bleue
  • Chimay Rouge
  • La Trappe Blond
  • La Trappe Dubbel
  • La Trappe Tripel
  • Orval
  • Rochefort 6
  • Rochefort 8
  • Rochefort 10
  • Westmalle Tripel
There are missing a couple however: the Westmalle Dubbel, the Chimay Tripel and the La Trappe Quadruple. The 2 first ones (Westmalle Dubbel and Chimay Tripel) are on tap, so I'll have to taste those in Bier Central, the last one (La Trappe Quadrupel) is currently out of stock, but should be here anyday now (chances are it's back in stock by the time I post this).

Of course there is missing one very important one (3 actually) ... the West-Vleteren trappists. But since we don't serve these (West-Vleteren is not commercially available), I do not have them at my disposal. I will ask my mother to go and get some for me one of these days (she lives very close to the monestary).

Stay tuned for the next updates ...

Greetingz,
Koen.

1 comment: