Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My (beer) goal for the coming year 2011 ...

Hi beerlovers,

As this years end is very near now, this is the time to set up some goals and things I want to achieve in the coming year. One of the things I really feel important is to get a thorough knowledge of all the beers we sell in Bier Central.

Of course I already tasted a lot of the beers since Bier Central opened it's doors, but despite those efforts, I have to admit that the results so far are actually pretty useless and far from professional as they should be.

So, what is my goal (beerwise) for 2011?

Taste every beer we have listed in our "Bier Encyclopedie" (which is the actual beer-menu that is present on all of our tables in the pub).


The Beer Encyclopedie has 320 different beers listed (20 beers on tap, 300 bottled beers). Tasting them all is not as easy as you might expect ... for several reasons, you can't just say "I'll drink one beer a day, and in one year I have them all" ... so it will require some thinking and planning to succeed in this mission :).




But it doesn't stop there ... with "tasting" I mean: tasting and documenting every aspect of each beer, so all that information can be used in the future, mainly to help our customers choose a beer when they might be overwhelmed of all the choices they get. But also to share that information with my collegues and other beer-lovers.

As I already mentioned in one of my previous posts, I consider myself a beer-newbie, so before I will get started I will have to learn some basics before I can actually start the tastings, which I will of course share with you via my blog and other social media (Twitter, FourSquare, etc ...).

After the initial learning process, I'll have to do some planning (which beers first, how many beers to taste in a week, etc ...).

Only then I'll start the effective tastings ... it's gonna be a long, but fun voyage, and I hope you'll join me!

Please feel free to send comments/tips which can be usefull ... any advice is welcome. You can reach through this blog or via Twitter. Thanks in advance!

Greetingz,
Koen.

No comments:

Post a Comment